LiveView Elixir Developer
At AppUnite, we believe that we should apply technical solutions to real life problems. That's why we bet on LiveView as a solution that a business looks for while creating the best experience for users.
Our goal is always to create the best product for our clients. In close collaboration with the product owners, designers, and fellow developers, you'll expand the capabilities, improve the architecture for scale, and fine-tune our products’ user experience. As a developer, your job is to solve real business problems by proposing and implementing the best technical solutions possible.
What do we expect from you?
- To have 3+ years of experience in building end-to-end web applications.
- To be familiar with Elixir language and ecosystem, and to have played around with Liveview.
- To know how to implement a modern user interface.
- Decent knowledge of HTML and CSS, preferably with Tailwind
- Experience with Alpine.js will be a plus.
- To get the things done, approach and have a good sense of ownership.
- To be a team player with strong communication skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Getting familiar with the problem domain and proposing solutions to business problems.
- Implementing new functionalities from end-to-end in cooperation with your team.
- Using technological advantage on the clients’ behalf.
Communicating with the team and the client on a daily basis.
- Doing regular peer code review.
Constantly learning and improving your "soft" and technical skills.
Sharing knowledge with your direct team, the whole company, and wider community.
- Writing good-quality and well-tested code.
- Maintaining existing code (there's no "legacy code”, there's only "code that's useful enough to be around still").
If you would like to have an impact on how the frontend will be delivered in the future and you are aware that no one technology will rule them all, this opportunity is for you.
- Flexible office hours and possible remote work.
- MacBook Pro.
- Private Medical Care.
- Private Life Insurance.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Multisport card.
- Free group English lessons with native speakers and other members of AppUnite.
- An opportunity to work from our Workation mansion wherever it is located (i.e., Thailand, Portugal).
- Freedom to co-organize and/or attend any internal or public AppUnite events, like board game/poker meetups, afterparty events.
- Co-financed software conference attendance.
- Freedom to participate in any weekly initiatives/R&D/code review/internal meetups.
- Access to and an opportunity to shape AppUnite’s employee guidebook explains our internal processes and makes them transparent.