Frontend developer @ LevelUp team
Salary range 12.000 - 16.000 PLN net/month B2B
At AppUnite, we, developers, are always focused on improving our teams, but we’d like to start doing this outside as consultants. The vision is pretty big and challenging.
This is a place where we're looking for you!
You'd join the LevelUp team during their normal duties in external projects, which are focused on helping other teams. Finding the root of team problems (communication problems, toxic environments, tech debt, architecture issues, etc.) in such a team will help you build a knowledge base and confidence to become an expert consultant.
You'll need to take ownership of work items and cultivate new ones with a Product-first mindset as a frontend developer. You'll focus on improving your project team, but you'll get support from the LevelUp team.
You should apply if you:
- are an expert in your field,
- like looking for problems in team or code structure,
- like sharing your knowledge,
- like changing your projects from time to time,
- know that teams challenge not only coding issues.
The first project
The first project that you'll join is located in the US. They require you to be available between 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CET/CEST) every day. The team uses the following technological stack: React, Typescript, Gatsby, Storybook, GraphQL, Amazon API Gateway. The project is taking designs & requirements for new features and systems that don't yet exist (social network components like a public profile w/ URLs, user uploaded photos, liking/following/etc, as well as marketplace features like buying and selling cars on the platform with offers, counter-offers, deposits, buyer protection, transaction fees, and payment integration with Stripe). The team is cross-functional, building the API to power the responsive mobile-first web app.
- Will to improve and help other teams become more effective,
- Experience with developing and scaling modern web applications and the ability to ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs,
- Experience in working with fully remote and distributed teams,
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Writing unit tests with such tools as Mocha/Chai, Jasmine, or Jest as well as UI component unit tests using Enzyme, or similar,
- Familiarity with modern front-end workflows: project management tools, build tools, REST APIs, CI/CD,
- Expertise in using Developer Tools for debugging, live editing, perf evaluation, JS profiling, etc.,
- (good to have) Experience with Next.js, GraphQL/Apollo, Styled Components, Cypress (E2E), TypeScript, Storybook.js.
- Opportunity to work from our Workation mansion wherever it is located (i.e., Thailand, Portugal),
- Co-financed software conferences participation,
- MacBook and a shiny monitor,
- Free group English lessons with native speakers and other members of AppUnite,
- Participation in writing the perfect AppUnite’s employee guidebook that explains and makes all of our internal processes transparent,
- Private Medical Care,
- Private Life Insurance,
- Paid vacation and sick days.