Looking for new Android challenges, fresh tech-stack and global clients to work with? Join AppUnite, a software house based in Poznań, Poland, that caters tech solutions to clients all over US, Europe and Asia since 2009.
We are looking for mature yet quick to learn Android developers to extend our team of 80+ people (15 Android developers). Doesn’t matter if you want to work from our office, remotely from your home, or our mansion in Portugal - you will fit right in.
Working at Appunite you will:
- Manage the full technical life-cycle of Android applications during each development phase.
- Communicate with a team of developers, designers, project managers, and other team members to ship new features.
- Perform individual project components within the entire development lifecycle including implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Work from UI/UX requirements, APIs, mockups to build functional, high-performance Android phone and tablet apps.
- Diagnose performance issues, fix bugs to increase the functionality of new applications.
- Document and maintain design specifications, source code, and archives for new applications and ideas.
- Continuously learn about new programming languages, operating system updates, and other information that will affect the functions of applications in development.
- Follow best practices for writing, reviewing and deploying good code:
- We use JIRA/Asana for tasks management,
- Code is linted with ktlint,
- Any changes to the code are submitted via PRs,
- Each PR has to be reviewed by at least one other developer,
- We write both unit & ui tests,
- We have CI set up, that runs lint, unit and ui tests for each commit, and deploys application to Crashlytics automatically,
- We do pair programming / cross-projects review from time to time,
Designs are well prepared beforehand by professional designers and exported to Zeplin / Sketch,
- Business functionalities are tested by our own QAs.
- Big comfortable office in the heart of Poznań,
- Flexible office hours and remote work possibility,
- Freedom to participate in any weekly organisation/R&D/code review internal meetups,
- Freedom to co-organize and/or attend any internal or public AppUnite events, like boarding game/poker meetups, afterparty events,
- Possibility to work from our Workation mansion wherever it is located (i.e. Thailand, Portugal),
- Possibility to fly and meet our clients directly in their home location (i.e. Los Angeles, Las Vegas),
- Co-financed software conferences attendance,
- MacBook and shiny monitor,
- Free group English lessons with native speakers and other members of AppUnite,
- Participation in writing the perfect AppUnite’s employee guidebook, that explains and makes all of our internal processes transparent,
- Private medical insurance,
- Paid vacation and sick days.
- Knowledge of Android SDK, Android Studio and material design,
- 2 years of Android software development experience,
- Extensive hands-on experience of creating custom UI controls, designing protocols, implementing interfaces, and performance optimization,
- Working knowledge of Web Services & REST (JSON) APIs,
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges,
- Engineering in Computer Science or related field (nice to have).
AppUnite is a Software Development house based in Poznan, Poland. We deliver software to range of companies all around the world since 2010. We always pick the newest software trends when implementing applications for our clients. We work remotely and onsite with clients from US, Europe and Asia.
Even though we started as a mobile applications software house, nowadays we have equally large groups of back-end and front-end developers as well. Our main tech stack includes Swift/Kotlin/Flutter for mobile apps, Elixir/Node.js for the back-end, Vue/React for the front-end.
We follow recent ways of async way of working: Asana/Slack + Git + CI. We constantly convince our clients (mainly with success) that working with legacy solutions rarely is a good idea. Every week we do a company-wide session on our internal processes. We host ‘let it swift’ - iOS meetups and Poznan Elixir Group meetups.
For two years we’ve been running a Workation programme in remote locations like Thailand or Portugal to keep ourselves in hight spirit and get that gorgeous tan.